Content Marketing Specialist
Siege Media is a growing and remote-first content marketing agency! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a contract spot open for a talented Content Marketing Specialist based in Canada to help us continue to deliver great content for our world-class clients.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Scour the web for trending news stories and linkable content topics
- Generate creative ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
- Demonstrate the ability to implement feedback from editors, clients, and teammates
- Demonstrate understanding of the project lifecycle and ability to collaborate across departments
- Hit client SEO traffic goals month over month by creating content that ranks and/or generates passive links
- Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors
- Write effective web copy for the purposes of marketing websites in diverse verticals
- Pitch content generated by our team to mid-tier bloggers and high-end press for the primary purpose of generating visibility through SEO and securing high-quality backlinks
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients
- 1–2 years as a writer at a digital publication or agency
- Experience writing for the web, with a focus on digital content including long- and short-form, infographics, and interactives.
- Goal-orientated with the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form productive working relationships in a remote environment.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to handle multiple projects while still working effectively.
- Close attention to detail and a heavy focus on creating quality content.
- Experience running surveys and crafting stories from data to pitch to national news
- Proven ability to earn PR placements that move the needle
- Basic to Intermediary SEO knowledge
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
- 1-2 years experience working with the press, reporters, or national/international news outlets
This position is 100% remote and based in Canada.
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Two relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words)
PLEASE READ: Unfortunately, scammers have attempted to contact potential applicants and offer them a fake position with Siege Media. If you receive something from us, please confirm that the email comes from an @siegemedia.com address. Our process includes interviews via phone and in-person Zoom video calls. We will never offer a candidate a position without an in-person Zoom call and we would never ask you to purchase anything during the application process.