Financial Content Marketing Specialist (Remote)
Siege Media is a growing and remote-first content marketing agency! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Financial Content Writer to help us continue to deliver great content for our world-class clients.
Perks for United States residents include 100% health, vision and dental benefits, 50% 401k match up to 6% of your salary, donation matching, career development training, unlimited PTO, work-from-home equipment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans, parents and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Conduct keyword research to identify content opportunities for clients.
- Write comprehensive articles on financial topics including debt, credit, budgeting, and banking.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt tone and complexity of a piece to speak to the correct audience. Audiences you’ll be writing for include personal finance novices, investors, and small businesses.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to periodically create content outside of finance if current client needs require it.
- Demonstrate the ability to take feedback and implement it.
- Do whatever it takes to grow the online presence of our clients.
- 3+ years of experience writing finance-specific content
- 4-year degree in finance, accounting or related field (general business does not qualify)
- Extensive knowledge of niche topics including digital currency, financial planning, passive income/side hustles, insurance, and mortgage loans
- Tech savvy/interest in the internet
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to form productive working relationships
- Strong project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
- Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
- Copywriting or blogging experience
- 2-4 years experience working in an agency or similar marketing environment
- 4-year degree in finance, economics or related field
- Basic to Intermediary SEO knowledge
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
- Working knowledge of SEO tools and how they can be used to help improve client websites
The salary range for this position is $58,000.00-$68,000.00, DOE. This position is 100% remote and based in the US, only.
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Three relevant blog writing samples (ideally over 500 words) that show diversity in complexity within the finance vertical