Associate Content Marketing Manager
Siege Media is a growing and remote-first content marketing agency! We are nationally recognized on Inc.’s Best Workplaces list and Inc. 5000 list, highlighting the 5000 fastest-growing private companies. Interested in joining the Siege team? We currently have a spot open for a talented Associate Content Marketing Manager to help us continue to deliver great content for our world-class clients.
Perks for United States residents include 100% health, vision and dental benefits, 50% 401k match up to 6% of your salary, donation matching, career development training, unlimited PTO, work-from-home equipment, and free pens. Everyone loves free pens.
Learn more about working at Siege by watching our careers video, experiencing our culture on Instagram, and checking out our work on Dribbble!
Siege Media values diversity. We encourage people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, parents, and those with disabilities to apply. Through our “health, then work” philosophy we are committed to helping all people succeed at Siege. If you require reasonable accommodation to complete our application or interview process, please let us know.
- Manage a team of up to three content marketers across five B2B or B2C client accounts (experience will determine which side you work on)
- Conduct keyword research to identify content opportunities for clients
- Write comprehensive articles on a variety of topics with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt tone and complexity of a piece to speak to the correct audience, as well as align with relevant style guides
- Demonstrate the ability to implement feedback from editors, clients, and teammates
- Demonstrate understanding of the project lifecycle and ability to collaborate across departments
- Manage day-to-day content planning including ideation, scheduling, editing and promotion
- Be responsible for client account management including monthly reporting and regular email and phone check-ins
- In B2C, manage link acquisition activities for clients and be aware of best practices for outreach markets and link building
- In B2B, be aware of strategies to generate links such as passive link acquisition, niche outreach markets, etc.
- Reflect our “strive to be better” attitude by pushing content quality forward and uncovering new opportunities or processes to grow our clients
- Be responsible for staying on top of content marketing trends and consistently educating and training team members
- 4+ years in a content marketing role, with your primary focus on SEO-driven blog content
- Intermediate level understanding of SEO best practices and keyword research tools (e.g. Ahrefs, SemRush, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio)
- Experience collaborating and giving guidance on design best practices
- Experience creating thoughtful client reports
- Experience working with clients and/or in an agency environment
- Ability to learn new topics quickly and be a technical subject matter expert
- 1–2 years of experience working in a fast paced agency environment
- 1–2 years experience managing a team of content marketing professionals
- Experience working with a remote team
- Experience with outreach and confidence in reviewing team members’ work
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design
The salary range for this position is $71,000.00-$75,000.00 DOE. This position is 100% remote and based in the US.
Please plan to upload the following information during the application process:
- Your resume
- A short introduction/cover letter
- A high-level overview of a content strategy you have managed/results you delivered